Burnt housewife dies after six days
A housewife, who sustained burn injuries in Jashore district, died on way to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) early Wednesday after fighting for life for six days.
Deceased Hira Begum, 33, was the wife of Billal, a resident of Chakoi-Moricha village under Abhaynagar upazila in the district.
The victim’s brother Noyon Sarder said his sister sustained burn injuries as her husband poured kerosene on her and set her on fire on November 26 following an altercation.
Hearing her screams, neighbours rushed to the scene and rescued her. They instantly took her to Abhaynagar Upazila Health Complex.
Severely injured Hira was, later, admitted to the burn unit of Khulna Medical College Hospital. From there, she was referred to the DMCH after deterioration of her condition. But she succumbed to her injuries on the way.
Meanwhile, a pall of gloom descended the area when her body reached there.
However, a case was filed with Abhaynagar Police Station in this connection.
- Pabna sugarcane growers block road protesting closure of mills – Countryside – observerbd.com
- Tentulia remained occupation-free centre for ‘Swadhin Bangla’