3 of a family die from electrocution in Gaibandha – Countryside – observerbd.com

Published : Saturday, 14 November, 2020 at 10:10 PM
 Count : 57

3 of a family die from electrocution in Gaibandha

Three members of a family died from electrocution at Sundarganj upazila in Gaibandha district on Friday evening.

The deceased were identified as mother Rekha Begum, 60, a resident of Bharkul Kuti village under Dhopadanga union in the upazila, her son Rezaul Islam, 30,  and her grandson Sujon Mia, 16.

Family sources said Razaul came in contact with a live wire of Northern Electricity Supply Company Limited (NESCO-1) after he went to a paddy field adjacent to his village home on Friday evening.

Hearing his screams, Rekha and Sujon came forward to save him and were also came into contact with the wire. They both died on the spot.

However, family members rescued Razaul and took him to Gaibandha Sadar Hospital where the on-duty doctor declared him dead.

Following the incident, a pal of gloom descended in the area and many people rushed to their house to see the dead bodies.

Sundarganj Police Station inspector (investigation) Shamsul Haque confirmed the matter.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *